Useful virtual and online training options to upskill yourself during the pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has temporarily got the vast majority of us holed up in our homes. Whether you’re working from home or have been stood down, now is a good opportunity to upskill yourself with the extra time available in your day. We’ll be adding to this list as we hear of more training opportunities.
1. Search engine marketing training
- Web deduplication – How does Google recognise duplicate content across the web? What happens once a duplicate is found? How is a canonical URL selected? How does localization play a role?
- Google Images best practices – Take a look at how Google Images has evolved over the years, and learn about some of the best practices that you can implement on your site when it comes to images.
- Rendering – Find out more about rendering, and what it takes to do rendering of the web at scale. Take a look behind the scenes, and learn about some things a site owner could watch out for with regards to rendering.
- Titles, snippets, and result previews – What’s the goal of titles, snippets, and previews in Search? How do Google’s systems pick and generate a preview for a page? What are some of the elements that help users decide which page to click in Search?
- Googlebot & web hosting – Starting with a look at the popularity of different web servers, and the growth of HTTPS, you’ll find out more about how Google’s crawling for Search works, and what you can do to control it.
- Claim your Knowledge Panel – Knowledge Panels are a great way for people and organizations to be visible in Search. Find out more about the ways you can claim and update them for yourself or for your business.
- Improving Search over the years – Are dogs the same as cats? Should pages about New York be shown when searching for York? How could algorithms ever figure this out? Google’s Paul Haahr takes you on a tour of some changes in Search.
2. Social media marketing training
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Craft a scalable social media strategy for your business
- Bring in more leads in less time
- Identify and eliminate time-wasting elements to streamline your social strategy
- Hone in on high-leverage actions for building your audience
- Improve the quality of your content to drive more traffic to your site
- How many times a day should I post on social media?
- What exactly should I say on social media?
- How many social networks do I need to be active on?
- How do I write posts that actually get attention and shares?
- How exactly do I get “engagement” on my social accounts?
3. Employee training
Is your company furloughing 20+ employees? You can access Learnerbly for free to support furloughed employees to continue to develop their skills whilst being off work. Fill out your details here and one of the team will be in touch.
4. Creative training
If you have any questions about how we can help you and your business during these times, please reach out. We’re in this together.