Websites are becoming increasingly complex and the need for customised & detailed web reports are vital. Whether it’s modelling visitor behaviour on a social network or web conversion analysis for an ecommerce store.
During our initial strategy session with our clients, we map out our SEO KPIs, we then map each KPI to a website metric. We then focus on placing all of the client’s KPIs in the one Google Analytics Custom Report.
For those wanting to try and create your own custom reports in Google Analytics, I have produced a step by step guide.
- Draw a mock up on paper of how you want the report presented
- Whilst Google Analytics is very robust, it does have its limitations and not everything can be reported
- Try and use custom segments to post-filter your results (rather than pre-filtering them within custom reports)
- Start small and work your way up
- PDF exports are still not available in the latest version of Google Analytics